On This Global Day of Giving
There’s no better time to shine a light on thankfulness and giving than during the holiday season and on #GivingTuesday itself! Babies & Bumps and Toddlers & Tykes are mission-driven events and we’re always looking for ways to inform, educate, empower, and support the parents and communities we serve; giving back is an important part of every event and we don’t do it alone.
In honor of #GivingTuesday, we want to take a moment to say “thank you” to each and every one of our guests who bought raffle tickets this season, and to the organizations — big and small, near and far — that so generously donated items and services.
With support from all of you, as well as our devoted team, we were able to raise over $5,000 this year for local organizations who are dedicated to serving families and positively impacting their communities!
Here are the family focused non-profits we were able to support this year:
- Western New York Perinatal Bereavement Network (Buffalo, NY): Assisting the community in meeting the needs of people facing the death of a baby due to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth, or early infant death.
- Count the Kicks – Ohio Chapter (Cleveland, OH): Working to save babies and prevent stillbirths by offering education about the importance of tracking baby’s movement in the third trimester.
- CHOICE Midwives – Abby J. Kinne Apprenticeship Fund (Columbus, OH): Providing financial assistance to apprentices and midwives to further their education in midwifery.
- Mid-Atlantic Mothers’ Milk Bank (Pittsburgh, PA): Physicians, lactation consultants, educators, among others, who set out to ensure that every infant, especially the medically vulnerable, has access to the benefits of breast milk, to help optimize their overall health and well-being.
- Parenting Village (Rochester, NY): Offering meaningful connections and support for mom, dads, and caregivers on their parenting journeys, so that they can offer the best of themselves to their children.
- Baby Safe Sleep Coalition (Rochester, NY): A diverse collaborative of individuals who are committed to eliminating preventable infant deaths caused by unsafe sleep practices in Monroe County.
In 2019, we will offer unique fundraising opportunities to our non-profit event partners to support their programs. We’ll also be launching a scholarship program in partnership with local agencies in the cities we serve.
Interested in celebrating #GivingTuesday in your own way? Click the link for What’s Happening Near Me? for a directory of organizations, charities, events, and more in your area. Thank you for helping us to support, empower, and give back to the families and communities we serve!